Others / University Employees


This information applies to all contractors, students, interns, or travelers who need access to Epic in order to perform their job.

If you are a contractor, intern, nursing student, pharmacy student, or traveler your SHC manager will need to request your SID and Epic access from Access Control.

Overview of Process:

See Training FAQs for help with common issues.


We have a close affiliation with many School of Medicine users, since so many do research within Epic. However, since the University is on a different network than SHC, the process is slightly different than what we have explained for other users.

The basic process is the same as for other contractors or interns, but since your access is different, please see these instructions to obtain your SID and request Epic access from Access Control, request and take your training, and activate your Epic access.